New members are always welcome and needed. Our success as a community service organization depends on knowledgeable and dependable people who are willing to give time and effort for a common goal.
No previous experience or training is required to become a volunteer with Sabine FD. Whether you are interested in fire service and/or emergency medical service (EMS) or becoming a driver/operator, the department can provide the training you need. Sabine FD will cover your fire academy certification training through available grant funding and we also perform training exercises internally.
If you would like to become a volunteer with Sabine FD, download an application below and return it to Station 1 (736 W. Wilkins Rd) between 8:00 am – 5:00 pm weekdays or at 7:00 pm on the 1st and 4th Tuesdays of each month.
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and be of good physical and mental condition.
The following steps must be completed to meet the SFD requirements before membership can be accepted.
- Complete SFD application with reference contact numbers
- Personal reference checks
- Approval by Fire Chief
- Criminal background check (no felony convictions or pending felony indictment)
- Drug screen, Medical screen
- DMV status check
- Attend minimum of 3 Tuesday night meetings
- Complete the 4 required NIMS online courses. Certificates of completion must be provided. (information provided below)
- Upon completion of the above 1-8 requirements, a majority vote of the SFD members will take place on the following training meeting to determine membership.
- If accepted as a member, you will be required to successfully complete Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) training program within the first 6 months of your membership.
FEMA / NIMS
(Complete all 4 of these required courses)
1. ICS-100: Introduction to the Incident Command System (IS-100.b)
2. ICS-200: ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents (IS-200.b)
3. IS-700: National Incident Management System, an Introduction (IS-700.a)
4. IS-800: National Response Framework: An Introduction (IS-800.b)
Feel free to stop by either station to find out more or contact:
Richard Sisk, Fire Chief
We look forward to meeting you soon!