New members are always welcome and needed. Our success as a community service organization depends on knowledgeable and dependable people who are willing to give time and effort for a common goal.
No previous experience or training is required to become a volunteer with Sabine VFD. Whether you are interested in fire service and/or emergency medical service (EMS) or becoming a driver/operator, the department can provide the training you need. Sabine VFD will cover your fire academy certification training through available grant funding and we also perform training exercises internally.
If you would like to become a volunteer with Sabine VFD, download an application below and return it to Station 1 (736 W. Wilkins Rd) between 8:00 am – 5:00 pm weekdays or at 7:00 pm on the 1st and 4th Tuesdays of each month.
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and be of good physical and mental condition.
The following steps must be completed to meet the SVFD requirements before membership can be accepted.
- Complete SVFD application with reference contact numbers
- Personal reference checks
- Approval by Fire Chief
- Criminal background check (no felony convictions or pending felony indictment)
- Drug screen
- DMV status check
- Attend minimum of 3 consecutive Tuesday night meetings
- Successful completion of the SVFD physical ability test. Test will be administered by 2 approved SVFD members. Preparation for the test is provided on Tuesday nights, upon completion of steps 1-7 above.
- Complete the 4 required NIMS online courses. Certificates of completion must be provided. (information to be provided)
- Upon completion of the above 1-9 requirements, a majority vote of the SVFD members will take place on the following business meeting to determine membership.
- If accepted as a member, you will be required to successfully complete NFPA 1043: Introductory certification within the 1st year of membership.
Feel free to stop by either station to find out more or contact:
Richard Sisk, Fire Chief
We look forward to meeting you soon!